- 1 What is Realtek HD Audio Manager?
- 2 Download and reinstall
- 3 Resolve Realtek HD Audio Manager problem
What is Realtek HD Audio Manager?
It is an application utilized to control sound reproduction on Windows computers. It acts as a control panel for the audio adapter. When adding new microphones/speakers/headphones, etc., to your laptop, Realtek HD Audio Manager will automatically detect them and permit you to configure them.
Do you want to know where to find Realtek HD Audio Manager and where can I download Realtek HD Audio Manager for your Windows 10 computer? This article offers a guide.
Realtek HD Audio Driver is the most majorly utilized sound driver for managing sound settings on Windows systems. Realtek High Definition Audio Manager comes along with the Realtek Audio driver. It is the most commonly used sound driver, loaded with unique features and supports a six-channel digital to analogue converter (DAC) with 16.20.24 bit pulse code modulation on 5.1 channel audio.
The sound driver simplifies the playback of the sound control on the Windows desktop and can offer high-quality Sound to your system or headphones through the sound card. It is marked with your audio device or adapter to enhance the sound experience.
Recently, Windows users have reported difficulties accessing the sound drivers. Users also found that the Realtek HD Audio Manager icon was missing from the taskbar, systray, and notification section. It can trigger this problem after a Windows update, or you can change other trigger causes to the native audio driver or sound card.
This article will show you how and where to download and reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager for your Windows 10 operating system.
This article also includes suggestions for the following problems:
- Realtek HD Audio Manager icon is missing
- Realtek HD Audio Manager is missing
- Realtek HD Audio Manager is not open.
You may wish to form a system restore point before you begin.
See if your computer has Realtek HD Audio Manager
Usually, in Windows 10, it is installed along with Realtek HD Audio Driver. Usually, the Windows 10 operating system will automatically install the Real HD audio driver. You can look for Realtek HD Audio Manager in the control panel, but if you cannot find it, you can see how to download Realtek HD Audio Manager for Windows 10 pcs.
- To check if there is an instalment of Realtek HD Audio Manager on your computer, you can select Windows + R, type control panel and then hit Enter to open the control panel in Windows 10.
- Then you can enter Realtek in the control panel search box and press Realtek HD Audio Manager in the list that you can see to open Realtek HD Audio Manager on your Windows 10 computer. Instead, you can also push Hardware and Sound and click Realtek HD Audio Manager to open it.
- However, suppose Realtek HD Audio Manager is not in Windows 10, and you cannot find it in the control panel. In that case, you can download Realtek HD Audio Manager on your Windows computer. Check below how to do this.
Read More: “A Ubisoft Service Is Currently Unavailable” Error On Windows
Download and reinstall
Realtek HD Audio Manager
Before downloading new drivers, uninstall all current drivers. You should check the driver version to avoid repeated conflicts between multiple drivers and uninstalled duplicate audio drivers. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Press the “Start” button and navigate to “Device Manager“. You can also access it through the control panel.
- Expand the Sound, game and video controllers from the list in the device manager.
- Below, find the Realtek High Definition Audio audio driver.
- Click Right on it and choose Uninstall Device from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the option to delete the driver software for this device, and then press the uninstall button.
- Now go to the “View” tab. Then, select “Show Hidden Devices” from the drop-down menu.
- We are now looking for duplicate audio drivers (if any). Right-click it and click the uninstall option.
- Restart the system.
- You have the option to download the Realtek HD Audio Manager utility from here. Click on the executable file to start the installation. If you face compatibility issues, you have the option of installing it in compatibility mode.
- To download the Realtek HD audio driver manually, you need to visit Realtek official website. You need to check its availability in the following two places:
Visit realtek.com here and check if your software is available.
If yes, please download. If not, please find the HD audio codec on realtek.com/en/downloads. It is essential to download the correct driver. The download page will list the audio drivers available for download.
After the download process is over, double-click the installation file and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
If you still find missing components despite reinstalling Realtek HD Audio, there is no speaker or display icon, or it isn’t easy to open, follow the suggestions below.
Resolve Realtek HD Audio Manager problem
1] First, you need to disable the Microsoft UAA bus driver for HD audio. Then, resolve driver conflict
- In device manager, expand system device
- Find and find Microsoft UAA bus driver for the HD audio program.
- Right-click on it and then click Disable in the drop-down list.
- Open Windows Settings and go to Applications and Features.
- Click Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and click Uninstall Driver option.
- Now do the navigation to Device Manager and right-click on the disabled Microsoft driver.
- Click Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- After completing this operation, reinstall the Realtek HD
- audio driver
2] Enable startup in Task Manager
- Go to Start and open Task Manager.
- Navigate to the “Home” tab.
- Search and find Realtek HD Audio Manager.
- If the status is disabled, right-click it and click the enable option from the drop-down menu.
- Restart the system.
3] Update the sound driver software
If Realtek HD Audio is still missing, please do the following.
- Open device manager.
- Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
- Click right on Realtek High Definition Audio and then select Update Driver from the drop-down menu.
- We assume that you have the latest driver installation file on your computer. Now, select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select and select Let me pick from a list of drivers available on my computer.
- Find and select the latest driver by date and then click “Next” to update.
- It can also solve surround sound problems (if any).
4] Add legacy hardware
- Go to device manager.
- Find and click sound, video and game controllers.
- Click the Action tab.
- Locate and click Add legacy hardware in the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Next” button and select the “Automatically find and install hardware” radio button (recommended).
- Click Next and manually reinstall the driver.
It should help troubleshoot the audio driver and improve the sound quality, but if you need help with the driver, please feel free to ask us, and we will try our best to help.