Discord is a popular VoIP application that allows gamers and non-game players to talk via voice, video, and text. The gaming community widely uses the application as a reliable VoIP communication mode. Discord’s built-in game detection function allows you to play the name of the game you are currently playing. However, many users have recently reported that the Discord game detection problem does not work. Discord not detecting is a significant problem, so let us look at the solutions.
Discord game detection systems may not be able to detect unverified games, such as pirated games. In some cases, this issue may also occur due to Discord errors or incompatible application versions. If you are also concerned about this issue, here are some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the detected Discord game not running on your Windows computer.
How to fix Discord game detection that does not work?
- Check if Discord Game detection is enabled.
- Start the Discord application on your computer.
- Click the gear near the user profile in the lower-left corner to open the “User Settings” option.
- Open the Game tab on the left panel of the user settings window.
- Check the “Display the currently running game as a status message” box in the “Game Activity” section.
- Close user settings, restart Discord and check whether Discord does not detect the game until the streaming problem is resolved.
- Manually add the game to Discord
- To manually add the currently playing game, go to user settings and open the “Games” tab in the “Now Playing” section, and click the “Add” button.
- Please search for your game by entering the name and select it from the list of options.
- Select the Finish button to save the changes. The selected game will now be displayed in the “Now Playing” section.
If you wish to enjoy it, try to change the game title to the original one, and it will appear in your “Now Playing” state. Discord allows you to manually select the currently playing game in the user settings if you encounter an application where Discord does not detect broadcasting issues.
Verify that the game is genuine
Although Discord can automatically detect all Stream games, it will not detect unverified games. Unverified games include games installed through pirated copies. Make sure all the games installed on your computer are original. If you didn’t buy it from Steam, you might also need to check the license once to make sure the game is registered.
Check for application updates.
- Make sure the Discord application is running.
- Tap on the system tray and right-click on the Discord application icon.
- Select the Check for updates option. Discord will now check for pending updates. Would you please continue installing all pending updates?
- After installing the update, please restart the application and check if the discord problem of not streaming the game has been resolved.
- Reinstall Discord
- Press Windows key + R to start the operation.
- Type control and select OK to open the control panel.
- In the Control Panel, select Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
- Find Discord in the list of installed applications. Select the application and click Uninstall.
- Click Yes / Uninstall to confirm the operation and then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the application.
- After the uninstallation, restart the computer.
- After restarting, go to the Discord download page and download the latest version available.
- Run the installer and obey the instructions on the screen to install the application. After it is installed, restart Discord to check whether the game detection function is normal.
Discord not detecting problems may occur due to various reasons. After confirming that the detection feature is turned on, try adding games manually, updating applications, or reinstalling Discord to resolve the issue.
A lot of Windows consumers complain about Discord game detection not working. What causes the Discord not to detect games? How to fix this vexing issue? Now, let’s find the troubleshooting methods together.
Fix 1: Ensure Discord Game Detection Is On
Sometimes the Discord game detection is not working problem can happen if the feature is turned off. To fix it, you should ensure the game detection feature is enabled in Settings. For that:
Step 1: Launch the Discord client on your Windows PC, and then select the Cog icon at the bottom left corner to select the User Settings option.
Step 2: In the User Settings window, select the Games Activity tab from the left pane.
Step 3: Toggle on the switch of Display presently running games as a status message under the Game Activity section.
Now, you can relaunch the client and see if the Discord not detecting game issue persists.
Fix 2: Manually Add Games to Discord
If the Discord not showing game problem still happens, you may add the currently playing games to Discord manually. To do so, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Follow Step 1 in the above solution to open the User Settings window.
Step 2: Choose the Games to alternative from the left pane and click on Add it key under the Now Playing section.
Step 3: Choose the game that you want to add from the list of games and click on Done to save the changes.
Post that; you can restart and check if the “Discord doesn’t show game” issue is resolved.
Discord cannot be opened by the built-in administrator Windows 10. Have you come across the error? This post will offer you several effective fixes.
Fix 3: Update Discord to the Newest Version
As you are aware, Discord often releases some updates and new features for bugs. These patches might assist you in fixing the Discord game activity not working issue. If you are not using the latest version, you can update it.
Step 1: Ensure that your Discord is running on your PC.
Step 2: Press the System Tray at the bottom, and then right-click the Discord icon and check for updates. Post that, this program will see for all available updates.
Step 3: Follow the on-screen prompts to end the installation. Then you can relaunch the client and see if the Discord game detection not working problem is fixed.
Fix 4. Install a Fresh Download of Discord
If the Discord not detecting game error still appears after trying all the above solutions, you may consider reinstalling Discord. By doing so, you have the choice to install a fresh download of Discord. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Search for control in the search box and choose the Control Panel app from the context menu.
Step 2: Alter the View by type to Category, and then select Uninstall a program under the Programs section.
Step 3: Right-click Discord from the list of installed programs and click Uninstall. Then obey the on-screen prompts to finish the uninstallation.
Step 4: Once uninstalled, select here to download a new Discord and install it on your computer.
Step 5: Revert Your Windows System to an Earlier Date
Some consumers reported that the Discord game detection is not working issue occurs after updating Windows 10. You can perform a system restore to divert your approach to the status before the error appears in this situation.
Hence, these are various ways to solve the issue of Discord not detecting.