Are you a gamer, a streamer, or hosting a meeting over Discord platform? Then most probably, there are chances that you must have encountered search option not working. In that case, don’t worry because by the end of this article, you will be able to get rid of this frustrating problem.
Disclaimer: “GeekyBytes Team does not hold any responsibility for your system crashing or corrupted files due to our solution”.
Some tried and tested fixes to the problem
1. Updating the Discord App
Thankfully, Discord releases latest updates regularly to fixes some bugs and issues in the software. It is possible that they may have fixed the issue and all you need to do it to update the app.
Follow the steps below to Update Discord
- Press Windows Key + R at the same time.
- This will open the Run dialog box.
- Type %localappdata% in that same box and press ok.
- Now, navigate to “Discord” file and double-click to open.
- Click on “Update” file to start updating (exe in some cases).
After that, restart your Discord app to see is if the problem is resolved. If not, follow the next fix.
2. Checking the server issues
In few cases, it has been recorded that sometimes, the server is not responsive and crashes that causes the issue. In that case, check the official Discord status page by clicking here.
After visiting the page, there will be various status of services namely API and the Gateway which will help a user detect the problem.
When there is server crash, the outrages will be indicated by a red line and partial outrages with a yellow line.
3. Checking the internet connection
Another way to check the discord problem is by verifying the network which might solve the problem.
Just follow the steps below to check it.
- Open the browser.
- Search for any item and check the internet connection.
- If it is working, move to the next fix.
- If the discord service is still not working, contact the internet service provider (ISP).
If the problem is not fixed or a user is not satisfied, one can uninstall the Discord app and re-install with default settings.
Still, have any queries? Comment down below and our team will assist you as soon as possible.