Often while working on our laptops, we want to take screenshots. The reason behind the same is to save the file or capture a particular page or photo. But, how to do the same? What are ways in which you can take the screenshot? Do not worry at all.
Today, we will talk about the methods by which you can take screenshots without any worries. These are simple and straightforward ways to make you technology friendly. So, let us begin with the same.
Ways to take screenshots
- On the top row of keys is the Print Screen key. Best Buy; Insider/Rachel Mendelson
- The Print Screen (PrtScn) key in Windows 10 or Windows 11 is the simplest way to take a snapshot. Simply hit PrtScn in the upper-right corner of your keyboard to capture the full screen.
- The screenshot will be copied to your clipboard on Windows 10. Paste the screenshot into any tool that lets you input images, such as Microsoft Word or Paint, to save the file.
- To save and alter your screenshot, paste it into an application like Paint.
- In Windows 11, clicking the PrtScn button saves the screenshot to the Screenshots folder on your computer, which can be accessed by opening File Explorer and selecting Pictures on the left. Additionally, if you have OneDrive enabled, the screenshot will be saved there as well.
2. Pressing Windows and Print Screen
- Pressing the Windows Key while simultaneously selecting Print Screen will automatically save screenshots.
- Press the Windows key + PrtScn on Windows 10 to take a screenshot that will be saved automatically. Your full screen will be captured and saved to the Screenshots folder as your screen dims.
- In Windows 11, hitting the Windows key and PrtScn will take a screenshot of your full screen, copy it to your clipboard, and save it to the Screenshots folder. By doing this, you’ll be able to paste the photo right away into a social network post, an art app, and more.
3. Print Screen with Alt
- Press Alt + PrtScn to only record the window you are now working in. In Windows 10, you must paste it into another programme to save it; in Windows 11, it is immediately copied to the Clipboard and saved to the Screenshots folder.
- If you want to personalise, edit, or share your screenshots, Windows 10’s Snip & Sketch is the best screenshotting tool on Windows.
- Use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + Shift + S to launch Snip & Sketch. Your screen will dim, and a tiny menu with the choices to take a rectangular, free-form, window, or full-screen capture will show up at the top of your screen.
- Both Windows 10 and Windows 11 are compatible with this keyboard combination.
You can pick the method you want to use to snap a screenshot with these Snip & Skitch options:
- To take a square, free-form, window, or full-screen snapshot, choose from the menu (from left to right).
- A preview notification will show up in the lower-right corner of your screen when you take the screenshot, which will then be saved to your clipboard.
- The Snip & Sketch app will open when you click on the preview notice, allowing you to save, share, or alter the snapshot using the included drawing tools.
4. The Windows 11 Snipping Tool
- Windows 10 has a snipping tool, but you won’t typically want to use it to take screenshots. The Snipping Tool, however, received a significant update in Windows 11, and is currently the finest method for taking personalised screenshots.
- In Windows 11, you can either search for the Snipping Tool or launch it by pressing Windows Key + Shift + S. Your screen will dim, much like with Snip & Sketch, and a toolbar with screenshot options will show up at the top. You can take a rectangle, freeform, full-window, or full-screen screenshot using this toolbar.
- The Snipping Tool resembles Snip & Sketch exactly.
- Your screenshot will be copied to your clipboard so you can share it as soon as you finish taking it. Additionally, you may save and edit it by clicking the preview that appears in the bottom right corner of your screen.
5. Gaming Bar
- Most Windows apps and games have an overlay you can use to take screenshots and record video. Press Windows Key + G to display the Game Bar.
- Quick tip: Check to see if the Game Bar is enabled if it doesn’t appear. Search for “Game bar settings” and select “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game Bar” from the menu to enable the Game Bar.
- To take a screenshot of the entire screen, click the camera symbol in the overlay menu. By choosing the record button, you can also record a video with the option to include audio by selecting the microphone symbol.
- With the Game Bar, you can capture screenshots or screen recordings.
- The Videos > Captures folder is where the Game Bar saves screenshots and video clips that are captured in PNG format. In the Game Bar, you may access it by selecting “Show all captures” next to the screenshot and recording buttons.
6. Up the Volume + Power
- Press the Power Button + Volume Up Button on a Microsoft Surface device to take a screenshot of Windows 10 operating system. Your screenshot will be saved to the Pictures > Screenshots folder as the screen dims.
- On a Surface 3 or earlier, you must press the Windows Logo + Volume Down Button in order to take a screenshot.
For Windows, third-party screenshot applications
- Third-party screenshot programmes, each with their own additional features, are worth taking into consideration if you’re not happy with any of the built-in Windows techniques.
- For social sharing, screen capture programmes like Lightshot are helpful.
- Free screenshot tool Lightshot is made for easy social sharing. When Lightshot is downloaded and installed on Windows 10, the Print Screen feature is replaced and more editing options are provided.
- Another free programme, Greenshot, has the ability to capture a whole scrolling web page in addition to editing and customising screenshots.
- With the snapshot application Snagit, you can capture entire pages, make animated GIFs, and more. The negative? The $50 premium edition is available. A 30-day free trial is also available, however, any images you take during this time will be watermarked.
So, you see, these are some of the effective and easiest ways of taking a screenshot on Windows. All you need to do is follow all the steps carefully and do not worry about anything. These methods will help you capture all the details without any worries. Hence, step ahead to do your work effortlessly without any worries.