The work of a police officer is associated with constant risks, dangers, and unique challenges. Their uniforms and equipment must be durable, comfortable, and functional. This is a guarantee that the policeman will cope with his tasks.
Uniform and equipment requirements vary by department and rank, but at the Galls police equipment store, you’ll find everything a police officer needs. Galls is an official supplier of police gear, offering a range that includes the best brands and the latest models, and every item meets current standards and recommendations. Everything is done so that you can concentrate on your work and duties. Galls will take care of everything else.
Types of police uniforms: What do officers wear?
A police uniform is the basis of a professional appearance. However, uniforms are not just clothes. A policeman has to perform many everyday tasks, so the uniform has extremely high requirements regarding functionality.
The form is divided into several classes: A, B, and C. A special form approved by the federal BOP has also been developed. Let’s consider the features of such clothes:
- Class A uniform is a formal uniform that is intended for ceremonies and official events. A uniform of this type is usually sewn from dark blue wool. The costume includes elements such as a uniform shirt and tailcoat, trousers, white gloves, a tie, and a police cap.
- The Class B uniform is the most recognizable and well-known as it is the operational casual wear of a police officer. Police patrolmen and officers wear the following clothing: tactical pants or PDU pants, sports polo shirts, and a jacket.
- Class C form is intended for use in the most difficult conditions and extreme situations. These are always sports-cut clothes, made of rip-stop or another super-strong material capable of withstanding serious loads. This uniform is worn by special forces, K9 units, special operations teams, etc.
- The uniform for bike patrol service is comfortable pants or biker shorts, as well as a polo shirt and jacket. The peculiarity of this form is that it has many reflective elements, thanks to which the policeman remains visible on the road in any lighting or time of day.
The BOP form should be mentioned separately. There are several varieties of this uniform: the choice depends on the rank and conditions of use (working or ceremonial uniform).
Duty boots for a policeman: every step should be comfortable
Policeman’s boots are light and comfortable tactical shoes that do not restrict movement and allow active action in difficult situations. The Galls police equipment assortment offers a wide selection of boots according to needs and seasonality. These are sneakers and boots with special characteristics:
- Finger protection inserts. Inserts can be composite or steel.
- Grippy non-slip sole with rubber protector. Some models of shoes are additionally equipped with a groove for easy ascent or descent on the rope.
- Excellent cushioning like that used in summer running shoes.
- Extremely strong but, at the same time, light materials. Even for insulation in winter breeches, thinsulate is used — a very light material that gives warmth.
- The membrane lining is used to remove excess moisture, so the feet always remain dry, even under heavy loads and in hot weather.
- Carbon antibacterial layer that is designed to absorb moisture and prevent the development of bacteria inside the shoe.
- Orthopedic insole and reliable fixation of the ankle reduce the risk of injury.
The construction of police shoes has combined the best modern technologies used by boot manufacturers. Therefore, police officers can count on the highest level of comfort in any season and weather. Boots for professional use are designed to easily last about 12 hours or more.
Police equipment: Small helpers in a big deal
Police tactical gear includes a wide variety of elements that are necessary for the performance of official tasks. All items should be securely fastened but, at the same time, easily accessible at the right moment.
Most accessories are attached to a special belt, so this element can be considered one of the most important in a policeman’s ammunition. A holster, cases, summaries, and holders are attached to the tactical belt. Manufacturers offer belts for policemen, made of nylon, cordura, or black leather. Belts have four standard sizes: from 82 to 133 cm in length and 50-55 mm in width. The policeman can adjust the belt with the help of buckles and loops and fix it in the correct and convenient position with the help of Velcro or buttons. This design prevents free sliding and movement.
Other items of equipment are used as necessary. Usually, they do not have to be worn all at the same time, but every police officer should have them. The list of police gear includes the following items:
- Body armor and helmet
- Holsters for weapons and covers for cartridges (gun magazines)
- Bags and organizers in different sizes
- Means of navigation and communication
- Flashlights with adjustable light intensity and a powerful battery
- Rubber gloves
- Safety glasses
- A compact and functional first aid kit with everything you need to provide first aid
- Various automotive equipment, etc.
This list seems endless, but these are only the most essential items of equipment. Many other things are necessary both in role settings and in the workplace. In particular, an officer may need binoculars, a thermal imager, special headphones for training shooting, etc.
In various situations that arise during a work shift, one or another item of ammunition and accessories may be needed. The success of a work operation, the speed of completing tasks, or even someone’s life may depend on the availability of the right things at the right time.
Police officers perform exhausting, difficult but essential work every day. They deal with potential and real dangers every day and do everything to make this world better and safer every day. Instead, Galls, a specialty clothing and equipment store, works to ensure that every police officer, regardless of rank or location, can perform their duties using the best equipment and wearing the most comfortable uniform and footwear.