Salesforce is for companies that are serious about digital marketing, customer relationship management, and related software solutions. Because of the convenience the cloud platform provides to customers, 58% of Salesforce customers plan to upgrade their packages to rise through the ranks of a saleforce partner. Such approval underlines the quality of Customer Relationship Management- CRM services and packages offered by this global brand that controls 20% of the CRM market.
What is Salesforce and Why do Clients Turn to the Platform?
Well, it is important for a company to have a singular view of any customer under its umbrella. The aim is to ensure that the information available to your marketing department is similar to what the sales, services, commerce, and management, among others have. It facilitates uniform treatment because no element of the customer is hidden to any department. Salesforce Customer 360 is the magical platform that brings companies and customers together.
While there are other CRM platforms online, why have clients turned to Salesforce for their customer management needs? Here are the benefits clients enjoy by using Salesforce in their digital marketing endeavors.
- Detailed Customer Information- the system retrieves all the information you need about a customer including account, contacts, events, tasks, and opportunities that such a customer presents. With a complete profile, any employee can serve the customer when the need arises.
- Makes Account Planning Easier- each customer is treated as an individual. You link your calendar with the profile of each client for easier planning. You also have a backend that gives you an idea of how much attention you are giving to each client. It is simpler to manage clients.
- Saves Time- a comprehensive profile of your clients combined with management tools saves time when handling a client and organizing your daily operations. With a built-in calendar, you can visualize your and clients engagement over the day, week, month, and even the entire year.
- Collaboration- a team shares all the information available about a client for easier and consistent handling. You can create teams when addressing one client or a group of them. All members easily follow the progress of services and management of a client.
- Accessibility- as a cloud-based platform, all your team members have access to information anytime it is needed. Whether you are in the field, in the office, during a meeting, or planning your day, the cloud platform will serve your needs.
Salesforce appears like the perfect marketing clients management solution. Still, common Salesforce mistakes by marketers deny the users an opportunity to maximally utilize the platform. If these mistakes are highlighted and avoided, Salesfoce would make it easier for marketers to achieve their digital marketing goals.
Presenting a Lengthy Form
The use of salesforce marketing cloud when capturing data about the client is important but it should not be exaggerated. A customer coming to your site is looking for information or a product. Many will appreciate the request to fill a few questions but not when it feels like an interrogation session. It should never take more than a minute to fill the form. Lengthy forms result in abandonment. Collect information that gives you a foundation to build a relationship.
Failure to Test
It is naïve to expect your campaign to work exactly as you envisaged it on paper. The normal is that some parts are overlooked, leading to such hitches as broken links, wrong addresses, and unintended audience, among others. Do not panic. This is a normal occurrence when planning any campaign. Luckily, it has a solution known as testing.
Sample a few of your campaign elements and test their efficacy. Evaluate the rate of broken links and wrong addresses to ensure that it is as low as possible. On the flip side, do not be obsessed with testing. Only test to a reasonable level so that your campaign gets off the ground on time.
Ignoring the Value of Content
Harvard Business Review indicates that in 2020 an average email inbox had 200 promotional messages. It means that your email will be competing with 199 others for attention. With this being the case, you can only ignore content at your own risk.
Provide informative content. Make it attractive at first sight and through the paragraphs. Make the reader feel that the time spent reading through the email was valuable. In summary, your email should provide more information, solve a problem, or introduce a new way of doing things.
Lack of a Strategy
The best systems will fail if you have no plan on how to utilize them. Content, targeting, and the best pitches are useless if they are wrongly timed. Identify the right time, platform, and content for each campaign. Use data to develop a strategy and constantly evaluate such data.
Salesforce Marketing cloud is a digital marketing game changer that delivers control over your clients and their attached information. However, utilizing its potential depends on your understanding of the features it offers. Avoiding these common mistakes makes your time as a salesforce partner worthwhile.