No doubt that steam is one among the best game distribution web-based platform. Some users have been reporting error while buying a game or application that occurs when transaction has been made halfway. After paying for the game, the steam client shows and error of pending transaction even after receiving debited money from the account. To solve this issue, our team did some research and found some of the following fixes to the problem.
Note: “GeekyBytes team is not responsible for damage caused to the steam client as well as Windows after following the fix.”
Some fixes to the transaction problem
1. Checking if the client is down
Sometimes, the pending transaction error is caused because the steam servers are down. To get sure that it is the main problem causing the issue, just move to the down detector website by clicking here, select the country from the drop-down menu among the options. After that, move to the search box and search for steam service. It will show if the servers are down or running.
2. Cancelling pending transactions
Many users have tried this method and guess what? It really worked. Just follow the steps down below.
- Open the steam client and open the account settings.
- After that, select view purchase history.
- It will open all the transactions.
- Click the cancel the transaction option.
- After that, select the cancel my purchase
3. Try purchasing from the official website
The best would be to buy all the games from the website only and not the client because in client, the servers are sometimes not able to contact and thus the transactions gets stuck in the between.
4. Disabling the VPN and IP Proxy software
One of the reasons might be the VPN and IP proxy software. One can close, disable, VPN and IP proxy by selecting Task Manager.
- Choose the VPN or IP proxy software from the Processes tab.
- Select the End task button.
- After that, choose the Start-up tab.
- Followed by it, select VPN or IP proxy software from the Start-up tab.
- Choose the Disable button that removes the VPN or IP proxy from the start up tab.
- After doing all of that, disable the software.
Still, have any queries? Comment down below and our team will reply as soon as possible.