If you use iPhone, you are more likely to use Apple AirPods or AirPods Pro on your smartphone. After all, they provide simple pairing and are very easy to use with Apple devices. Also, AirPods can be connected to Android phones, such as Xiaomi and Samsung smartphones. Furthermore, you can sync AirPods with Chromebooks as well. Here is our friendly guide on connecting AirPods Pro to a Chromebook if you want to do this.
How to connect AirPods to Chromebook?
If you ponder, it will be challenging to connect AirPods to a Chromebook. Think again. This process is straightforward. If you want, you can even pair AirPods with your laptop. This article will focus on AirPods and Chrome OS pairing and AirPods and Chromebook unpairing and disconnecting.
- Click the network and battery icon on the Chromebook taskbar.
- Make sure your Chromebook’s Bluetooth is turned on. Otherwise, click on the Bluetooth icon, and the tile will turn blue.
- Click the small arrow below the icon and then click the settings gear icon that appears.
- Your Chromebook will now display paired devices and will also search for new devices to pair.
- Turn on your AirPods Pro case. At this time, your AirPods Pro may appear in the unpaired device section. If not, press and hold the button on the back of the case to put the AirPods in pairing mode.
- You will see AirPods Pro in the unpaired devices section. Just click the name to link them to your Chromebook.
That’s it. You have connected your AirPods to your Chromebook, and you can verify this by clicking the network and battery icons on the taskbar again. The Bluetooth tile will show that you are connected to AirPods Pro.
How to disconnect the AirPods from the Chromebook?
If you are trying to disconnect the AirPods from the Chrome OS because you have used it up for a day, there is nothing to do. You need to put them back in the charging case and close the lid. It will disconnect them from your Chromebook and charge them.
However, if you want to unpair your AirPods from your Chromebook, please follow the steps below.
- Open the settings on the Chromebook. You can do this by pressing the search key on the keyboard and entering the settings.
- Now, click on “Bluetooth” to view connected and paired devices.
- Press on the three dots icon beside the AirPods name.
- Click “Remove from list.”
Your AirPods Pro is now unpaired from the Chromebook.
Hence, this is how to connect AirPods to Chromebook.