What is your address? I don’t ask your mailing address of your home or your living place. I am asking you the Virtual address from where I can reach you out. Yes! This is an IP address. The abbreviation of IP address is Internet Protocol Address. It is the unique address which is being assigned to each and every individual in the world. Everyone on the internet has some unique IP address. There are some situations you think to mask or change your IP address to protect your identity on the Internet. In this article let us look at some of the ways you can change your IP Address.
Before jumping into the actual article let us see how to check your IP Address. To do this you can just Google change my IP address or visit their website to check your IP Address.
#1. FOR BROADBAND USERS:
It’s really pretty simple for broadband users to change their IP Address than others. Just turn off your router or unplug your router cable. That’s it you are done with changing the IP address of your machine. Yes, you did it.
If you are someone who is very lazy to go and turn off your router you can still change your IP address without actually turning off your router. For this
- Go to your control panel.
- Select Network and sharing icon.
- In your active Internet connection click Local Area connection or select your network name in the list.
- Now click on properties.
- In properties select your desired version of IP(V6/V4) and again click the properties of that IP version you select.
- In the further window, Choose your IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway also.
That’s it. Hope you change your IP Address without turning off your Network Router.
I know a lot of people using Linux as their primary Operating system. Now have a look at the method to change your IP address of your Linux Machine. Note: You need to have a root access to actually change your IP address on your machine. Hope you get the access of your System. Now
- Go to your Shell.
- Now change your active directory to /etc/sysconfig/
- If you list the file you can see a file named Interface.
- Finally, edit the setting you need in your Interface file and save the file.
If you do find this article helpful share this article on all of your social media platforms. In case you have any queries or comments let us know in the comment section. Thanks for reading. Cheers!