It is known by everyone that Discord is one among the top VoIP calling service with various amazing features. Recently, it has been seen that some users have been reporting various glitches and bugs in the application that degrades overall quality of the same. Don.t worry because in the article, we will be fixing the same issue of not able to open the application.
Note: “GeekyBytes team is not responsible for any damage caused to the system.”
Some fixes to the issue
1. Removing it from task manager
- Start by pressing Windows key + R.
- After that, type cmd and click OK.
- From the cmd window, type taskkill /F /IM discord.exe.
After the process, relaunch the Discord application.
2. Clearing the AppData and LocalAppData
- Close the Discord application using the above method.
- After that, press Windows + R and type %appdata%.
- Press Enter.
- Locate Discord directory and delete it.
Relaunch the Discord application.
3. Checking for proxy
- Type Control Panel and hit Enter from the search option.
- Choose Network and Internet > Internet Options.
- In Internet Proprieties, Click Connections.
- Under (LAN) settings, click LAN Settings.
- Under Proxy, un-tick Use a proxy server for your LAN option.
- Click OK and press Apply.
Some other fixes | Conclusion
If none of the above methods tend to work, try the following fixes.
- Make sure that the system is up-to-date.
- Update Discord application.
- Setting the Windows Date and Time as Automatic.
- Using the web application.
- Reinstalling the Discord application.
Have questions? Comment down below.
Read More: Is your Discord search not working?