Everyone who is having a washing machine at home thinks that it is very easy to use it. You need to put in the clothes, add detergent, select the wash mode, and you are done. We hope you all agree with it. But it is not as simple as it looks. There are certain do’s and don’ts when using a washing machine, and when you follow them in the right way, you will be able to keep your clothes safe, and your washing machine will also last for a long time.
If you are not aware of the do’s and don’ts, then here are a few for you.
Do’s of washing machine Laundry:
- You should always separate the colors. You need to wash whites, dark colors, and light colors separately in each cycle. You should never wash them together, and else you will end up with a disaster.
- Make sure that you are pre-treating the stains before you place them in the washing machine so that you need not have to wash them again after the wash cycle is done.
- Always check the labels in the garments for any special instructions. Some clothes are not safe to wash in a machine, while a few should be washed only in delicate mode, and a few should never be washed at a temperature higher than specified.
- Use the right amount of detergent and always put it in the right place. Depending on the type of detergent you are using, you will have to place it in the machine.
- To avoid any nasty smell in the room or when you open the washing door next time, it is good to leave the door open for some time.
- You should clean the washing machine with the help of the scaling powder provided for cleaning the machine.
Don’ts of washing machine Laundry:
- Always check the pockets and don’t leave anything inside the pocket. Even a tissue can make your clothes dirty and leave white fluff all over.
- Don’t overload your washing machine even if it is just one piece of cloth extra. There are always instructions provided based on the drum capacity, and you should always follow those instructions.
- You will have a separate compartment where you will have to put the fabric conditioner. So, don’t put it on your clothes directly. By the end of the wash cycle, you will have fabric conditioner strain on the clothes if you put it on the clothes.
- Don’t leave the wet clothes inside the drum for a long time. There is a chance of mold buildup inside the drum if they are left inside for a long time.
- Don’t try to fix all your washing machine problems by yourself. Instead of fixing a problem, you will end up creating a problem. It can be a major problem than you expected and can burn your pocket. So, always call for expert help when you need it.