Are you an old school guy? If yes, then you must be very well aware of cable TV from the past. In that case, this article is for you. In the following lines, we will be helping users watch cable TV right away from the PC on which a user spends hours working in the COVID situation.
Before we start, let us know what’s a Digital TV tuner device registration application?
As a brief introduction, a Digital TV tuner device registration app is a well scheduled task in the windows that stays as a part of the media centre. Its main feature is to allow premium cable channels to be streamed right on the desktop without buying any other device.
As a matter of fact, the app runs in the background and does not consume much memory which is again a plus point of the service. Also, it scans for all the TV tuners in the background that enables a real time lag free streaming when the application is started in the computer.
Despite of its great features, some low-end PCs have been reported to lag and slow down due to the same. To get rid of it, one can disable the background activity of the application.
Disclaimer: “Geekybytes team does not hold any responsibility of any damage caused to the files and windows processes.”
How to disable the service?
1. Disabling the background processes
Follow the steps below to disable the service from running in the background.
- Start by pressing Ctrl +Shift + Esc.
- It is open the task manager.
- After that, move to the processes tab.
- Find a service named ehprivjob.exe which might be consuming a lot of memory.
- Right click and disable the service.
Restart the computer and check if the process worked.
2. Disabling the service from Media Centre
In this fix, we will be able to disable it from the main centre itself.
- Start by pressing Windows +R.
- It will open the run dialog box.
- In the search box, type appwiz.cpl and press enter.
- Now, select the Turn Windows features on or off.
- Click media features.
- Un-tick all the processes and press yes.
- After all of it, press ok and restart the computer.
Also, check if the procedure worked and memory is not being consumed.
Still, have any questions? Comment down below and we will reply as soon as possible.