CBD treats are some of the favorite cannabis solutions dog owners use to give their pets their deserved share of wellness. These products benefit dogs’ overall well-being and quality of life in many ways. Pet owners use them to achieve relaxation, relieve pain, and relieve inflammation.
So, what solutions are there for sampling this year? This comprehensive review and guide explores the top ten CBD dog treats to try in 2023. Read on to give your dog the best.
- 1 Benefits of CBD Dog Treats
- 2 Top 10 Picks for 2023
- 2.1 #1 CBDfx: Calming Pet Treats
- 2.2 #2 Honest Paws CBD Relief Bites
- 2.3 #3 Penelope’s Bloom Dog Treats for Stress + Anxiety
- 2.4 #4 Onyx + Rose’s See Spot Chill
- 2.5 #5 HolistaPet CBD Dog Treats
- 2.6 #6 Well Loved Calming Dog Treats
- 2.7 #7 PremiumCare Hemp Mobility Chews
- 2.8 #8 Honest Paws Calm Soft Chews
- 2.9 #9 True Leaf Pet: Hemp Calming Chews
- 2.10 #10 HempMy Pet Hemp Dog Treats
- 3 How to Buy a CBD Dog Treat
- 4 Closing Remarks
Benefits of CBD Dog Treats
Let’s examine some of CBD treats’ benefits before discussing the best products you can purchase this year.
Overall Wellness Support
CBD supports dogs’ overall wellness and quality of life. It boosts mood and the immune system, enabling your dog to enjoy mental and bodily health.
Inflammation and Mobility Support
An active dog can suffer mobility and joint challenges over time. Thankfully, CBD has anti-inflammation power that stimulates the dog’s endocannabinoid receptors responsible for joint lubrication, muscle relaxation, and discomfort relief.
Anxiety and Stress Relief
Dogs are equally vulnerable to stress and anxiety. Fortunately, CBD’s active interaction with the endocannabinoid system manages anxiety levels by activating the serotonin and GABA receptors. These transmitters are necessary for calming and relaxing effects.
Skin and Coat Health
Your dog also benefits from improved skin and coat health by taking CBD treats. These bites contain natural fatty acids that boost skin and coat health. For instance, omega 3 and 6 in hemp seed powder permeate the skin and fur follicles, providing a nourishing and gentle protective barrier.
Epilepsy and Seizure Management
CBD reduces seizure severity and frequency by minimizing neural excitability of damaged or malfunctioning neurons. Moreover, CBD has antioxidant powers that protect the brain against further damage during seizures.
Top 10 Picks for 2023
Do you want to pick the best product for your canine friend? Here is our carefully selected list of products handling different conditions your dog might find itself in.
#1 CBDfx: Calming Pet Treats
This product eases arthritis pain and improves joint mobility. It can also ease anxiety and stress among nervous dogs.
- Made with broad-spectrum CBD.
- Contains other pain-calming and anti-anxiety herbs.
- Organic and soy-free.
- Medically reviewed by a veterinarian.
- An appealing sweet potato flavor.
- An older dog may have challenges chewing these crunchy bites.
#2 Honest Paws CBD Relief Bites
Does your dog struggle with acute pain, and you don’t know which bite best suits it? Then try this product. It’s turmeric flavored and made from full-spectrum hemp oil. It relieves physical aches, pain, and stress. This product also contains trace CBG and THC for reducing inflammation and increasing mobility.
- Contains organic, non-GMO ingredients.
- Formulated with natural flavors.
- Third-party lab tested.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Larger canines may need more CBD treats to feel its benefits.
#3 Penelope’s Bloom Dog Treats for Stress + Anxiety
This product is great for dog owners who want great value with a limited budget. This treat is made with US plant-based ingredients. It contains turmeric and chondroitin to boost its anti-inflammatory power.
- Lab-tested for safety, purity, and potency.
- Available for large and small dogs.
- Contains tasty, non-GMO, plant-based ingredients.
- The bag can be hard to re-seal.
#4 Onyx + Rose’s See Spot Chill
This treat is great for dog owners seeking the best vet-approved remedies for their dogs. It’s a filler-free, organic remedy with a delicious peanut butter flavor that every dog will love. It comes with all-natural ingredients and includes pure, 100% organic, US-grown hemp extract – full-spectrum CBD. The treats also include much protein, fiber, and a variety of amino acids to give your dog the essential health support.
- Organic and non-GMO ingredients.
- Third-party lab testing.
- Small, easy-to-chew treats.
- Wide variety of health-boosting components.
- Each chew contains 200mg of hemp seed oil.
- Expensive for the dog treat product category.
#5 HolistaPet CBD Dog Treats
Your search ends here if you want your dog to enjoy an organic CBD bite. These crunchy bites are made with help grown in California. It comes in 5 mg of high-quality hemp that calms your dog. Each variant has different ingredients like rice, peanut butter, and apple. The product also contains additional organic chamomile and L-theanine, an amino acid in green tea, to ease your dog’s tension.
- Non-GMO, grain-free.
- It lowers anxiety.
- Made with natural ingredients.
- Small amounts in the bag.
#6 Well Loved Calming Dog Treats
Do you want a product that makes your dog go to bed more relaxed and rejuvenated? This product is your best bet because it can relax your dog for up to 12 hours. It also contains additional ingredients, such as melatonin and chamomile, that ensure your dog sleeps without hyperactivity or stress. The bites are grain-free and contain no dairy, sugar, or artificial flavors.
- No dairy or sugar.
- Promotes sleep.
- Relieves anxiety.
- Its crunchy nature may make it too hard for some pets.
#7 PremiumCare Hemp Mobility Chews
This product is ideal for pet owners seeking a product that promotes joint health. These treats have anti-inflammation ingredients like turmeric root powder, flax seed, and vitamin C. They boost joint health and repair cartilage. The bites are best for aging and arthritic dogs needing more joint soothing.
- Has zero artificial preservatives.
- Calms joint stiffness.
- Great value for money.
- Some dogs dislike the flavor.
#8 Honest Paws Calm Soft Chews
You no longer need to worry about your anxious and hypersensitive dog because this product solves this problem. You can read this link for more information on CBD for hyper dogs. These bites are suitable for managing a hyper dog’s stress levels and promoting long-term relaxation. You can be sure that such a dog will enjoy improved health and quality of life.
The chews contain L-theanine and tryptophan and are poultry-flavored. The bites contain full-spectrum CBD to give your canine everything CBD offers. It contains other natural ingredients like peanut butter, oat, and barley.
- All organic ingredients.
- Soft texture for any dog.
- Soothes nerves.
- It’s a bit expensive
#9 True Leaf Pet: Hemp Calming Chews
Do you own big dogs and want bites that can satisfy their big treat appetite? Then this product is your best choice. The pack contains treats with 520 mg of hemp oil per two treats. With such treats, you can sufficiently dose large dogs throughout the day with fewer chews. A dog weighing 75 pounds or more will only require six bites throughout the day to enjoy this product’s full benefits.
Moreover, it reduces barking, hyperactivity, separation anxiety, stress, and aggression in large dogs. The product contains high-quality ingredients, such as valerian root, L-Tryptophan, chamomile, and hemp oil. It contains no grain, gluten, soy, corn, or sugar. Thus, you may rest assured that your pet won’t suffer stomach upsets after feasting these tasty treats.
- A gentle effect.
- Dog-approved flavors.
- Made with natural ingredients.
- Has yucca.
#10 HempMy Pet Hemp Dog Treats
Do you want something suited for your small dogs? This product is the best bet to try this year. It’s made from GMO-free, gluten-free, and cruelty-free ingredients. It has tasty ingredients like pumpkin, rice flour, eggs, apples, and mint. It comes in pumpkin flavor.
- Gluten-free, GMO-free.
- Organic ingredients.
- Relieves arthritis pain.
- It may need longer testing before achieving ideal results.
How to Buy a CBD Dog Treat
So, how do you buy your favorite CBD dog treats this year? What qualities should you look for before choosing your dog’s best treat? Here are expert tips to help you make an informed choice.
- Look for organic. Choose products with organic CBD. If it isn’t fully organic, then it must not contain pesticides, fungicides, or solvents.
- Don’t depend on price. Don’t let mere cheap prices entice you to buy a product that might turn expensive in the long term. Many cheaper products contain pesticides, herbicides, or heavy metals.
- Get the analysis. High-quality manufacturers provide certificates that certify the CBD amounts in their products. Check out these certificates to ensure the product contains enough CBD and trace THC, if any.
- CBD dosage. Select a product with an appropriate dose of CBD for your dog’s size and weight. It should also have the best ingredients and cannabinoid profile.
- Onset time. Choose your products based on how fast you want to achieve results. If you want faster results, select solutions with added carrier oils.
- Certifications and professional reviews. Does the manufacturer have any awards, certifications, and medical reviews they can boast of? If they do, their products must be high-quality and safe.
You are up to date with the top ten CBD dog treats for 2023. What are you waiting for? Use this information to make a decision that boosts your dog’s health.
The author of this article is Tia Moskalenko, an avid advocate of CBD industry and a passionate fan of dogs. Tia is a dedicated user of CBD for health and wellness herself, and she researches the market of CBD treats for pets to help pet owners improve their furry friends’ life quality with safe, herbal remedies. She publishes her findings and educational materials at AskGrowers.